Tuesday 25 January 2011

I am an Arse - FACT!!

I am a diabetic, Harry's pregnancy knackered my thyroid and Phoebe's pregnancy knackered my pancreas  - Thanks kids, Love you too!!

I should be looking after myself, I did this brilliantly when I was pregnant so why am I finding it so hard to do now? My blood sugars have risen by 1.4mmol in six months, my weight has gone back to what it was over 18 months ago, The nurse could even tell that I had been drinking more *blush* damn you liver way to keep my secrets!!

So I am on a deadline - I have 3 months ( until april) to get my weight, sugars down and to also rein in my drinking. I would just like to say - I dont personally think I drink a lot, I dont need a drink to get out of bed and I dont need one to go to sleep - but I suppose me drinking wont exactly be helping my liver and pancreas, so I will have to drink once in a blue moon, rather than every time I see the moon LOL

So if you see me with a cake, biscuit, booze or anything that should only be consumed in moderation - please give me a kick up the arse!

No comments: