Tuesday 6 April 2010

A reflective day

Today Stew and I attended the funeral of an old work collegue of his, she was tragically killed with her husband in a road accident in the scottish borders. I also know their Daughter Jo, she was amazingly strong today, and for that I admire her, the service was a celebration of Steven and Joan's life and 2 beautiful poems were read out in tribute for them, and I wanted to put them on here mainly so I could look back and read them again as I found them really moving.

The one thing that really struck me today and I feel selfish as this should not be about me is that EVERYONE and I mean everyone who spoke about Joan and Steven today mentioned their appetite for and love of life, the fact that they always found the joy in everything in life even the small things, and I felt ashamed, I have this potential and i'm not living up to it, so my resolve as of today is to live my life more positively and try my very hardest to leave the negatives behind, I need to live a life where I am comfortable and happy.

A Red, Red Rose
Oh my luve is like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
Oh my luve is like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.
As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only luve!
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile!
Robert Burns

1 comment:

Lady Wordsmith said...

Love to you and Stew. Thinking of you.