Saturday 15 May 2010

*sigh*

I am a Tit, this is not an opinion its a fact!!!!!

Since the age of 12-13, I wanted to be a midwife - it is my absolute dream job, GCSE's not going how I planned, bouts of apathy, lack of direction, life in general and a stunning lack of self confidence meant that I thought it was something I could never achieve.

So after parting with Phoebe - I set about looking at doing something for myself, I really didnt think that I would ever ever be a midwife, so I  looked at the next best thing for me, Radiography - specifically antenatal ultrasound. I am now having a wobble, I have only one chance to go to uni - shouldnt it been for my dream job?? Radiography clinic hours are more family friendly, and that one of the reasons why it appealed to me, so that is why I applied for it. Many people have said to me that they were surprised by my choice as they think I am a born midwife, I dunno - I was putting the kids first, but thats what you do when you are a mum isn't it?

Dont get me wrong, I would be more than happy to study radiographer, I could see out my working days there, but you only get one shot at life dont you?!?!

So here is my dilemma, Do I give up on a offer of a place to study radiography this year, to apply for midwifery next year which has 1000 applicants for approx 12 places??? or to I stay on the track I am on??

I really dont know what to do?

No comments: