Saturday 24 July 2010

Ponderings and general whiffle

I have been looking on line about Twilight and the associated stuff that goes along with it. Some of the reviews and hatred towards are a bit unfair I feel, I will say that the books are far far far better then the films, but on the flip side I think that the films are incredeibly well cast, and the characters and the actors that play them are very well matched.

I dont get the vitrol and bile spewed at the lead actors - they are doing a job people, haters get over it - if you dont like the films or the books dont look at them, if you dont like seeing them on your telly turn it over.

I like the books and films, its escapism for me - I feel all fluttery and girlie, and I love the concept of there being old fashioned notions in younger people, I was reading the paper yesterday at my mums houses, and there was a letter from a 13 yr old girl seeking advice on the whys and wherefores of sex with her 14 year old boyfriend, and being the panicky mother that I am, this quite frankly scared me that my daughters could have to face this.

I never had to deal with this when I was younger - being fat, ugly with frizzy hair and deidre barlow specs and being painfully painfully shy put pay to that, no one ever looked in my direction and if they did it was to take the piss.

This is another reason why I like the twilight books, it shows kids that sex isnt the be all and end all of life, that respecting your partner and wanting the best for them is the thing to do - and hopefully if someone as hot as Edward Cullen can abstain then maybe they should too.

I'm not saying dont wait until your married (that would be very hypocritical of me Abbie was born out of wedlock), just wait until you are sure its the right thing to do for you, respect yourself and others will too. If anyone pressures you then they dont have your best interests at heart.

On reflection I think I might feel better if I buy a castle with a turret so I can lock the kids in it till they are much older!

No comments: