Monday 12 July 2010

restlessness

Have one been in the house one day and cabin fever has firmly set in :0(

Abbie has been poorly, not well enough to be at school - not quite poorly enough to be at home *sigh* I feel very trapped and frustrated, I was out and about for most of last week and weekend so its been a bit shock to be stuck in the house for a whole day. Atkin women all in one room, all day - together is really not a goo combination, Abbie whinging and Phoebe being very active and not sleeping when she should is really not good for my sanity.

So I have immersed myself in Twilight, Once Breaking Dawn is finished, i will turn my attentions to Alex Cross - and then I think it could be time for Harry Potter again before the film comes out in November.

I am enjoying reading again - reading because I want to not because I have to. I have learnt loads from my text books, but my imagination is enjoying been given free rein again - I still have the urge to write some fiction - but I feel silly, I have lots of ideas - but never write them down, and when i do pick up a pen and paper, i've forgotten. I am also a bit worried that if I start writing creatively then I will forget how to write academically. I know this sounds silly, but creative chatty writing has always been like second nature to me and I have worked so hard at 3rd person narrative that i'm scared I will lose it if I attempt anything other than that now. I still have all my essays to fell back on and i'm sure Uni will tell you how they want you to write as well.

I really need to learn to let go and just do what I feel, I think I need to let the heart rule the head for a while, I hope its just because of todays cabin fever, that i'm feel antsy and a little not in control, I'm on my way out of the deep dark hole I dwell in, i'm not in any urgent rush to get back to the bottom of it.

1 comment:

Lady Wordsmith said...

If you want to write you should write. I'll remind you what you told me a little while ago: you should write what's in your heart, that's what you said to me. You will not forget how to write academically, because you now know how to do that. Your brain is big enough to be able to flit between the two ways of writing. And in any case, the only way to get used to it is to DO IT. If you feel like writing some fiction you should do it. It might come to nothing, but you'll never know until you try it, of course.

Go on, have a go. You can do as little or as much as you like.