Saturday 15 January 2011

Ramming it down peoples throats ( Religion and politics mentioned)

There are things I prefer not to discuss with people - Politics and Religion.

These ALWAYS lead to arguements ( just look around the world). I will however listen to peoples opinions as to why they have the beliefs they do, as I always find in interesting to compare them to my own.

What I intensely dislike is people trying to convert me, who think I am a lesser person because my beliefs are different to theirs. It irks me greatly - if I can respect your belief system, please extend me the good grace and respect mine.

I will publically state mine.

I whole heartedly believe that Jesus existed, I think he set a good example on how to live your life and be kind and generous to others. Wether he is the son of God, I dont know.

I believe in spirits and that the soul goes on. The Spiritualists national union several principles speaks to me.

http://www.snu.org.uk/

The Fatherhood of God.
The Brotherhood of Man.
The Communion of Spirits and the Ministry of Angels.
The Continuous Existence of the human soul.
Personal Responsibility.
Compensation and Retribution hereafter for all the good and evil deeds done on earth.
Eternal Progress open to every human soul.

I have had many readings with psychics and they have always been ridiculously accurate - I have felt and seen things that back up this.

I'm not sure there is a higher power who created us all. The Big Bang theory and Evolution makes far more sense. Was the idea of God used to explain things that we now know?? Dinosaurs exisited but they are not in the good book!

The main point of this blog is this: Twice this week I have been accosted -  Jehovahs witnesses on my doorstep and chased ( yes chased) to my car by a trio of Latter Day Saints - I jest ye not! Even after I was terribly polite and explained my parking was nearly up she still followed me - Dog with a bone much? In the end up I shouted at them, to which they looked like I had just kicked a puppy, which made me feel guilty. I wasnt rude, I just told them in a loud voice that I was sorry but I wasn't interested and no I didnt know anyone else who would be interested in talking to them.

Seriously peeps in ALL walks of life NO means NO.

Come sit with me and lets have a brew and some cake and have a chat about politics, life, love and religion, share opinions and learn from them, but please do not try to convert me or chase me down the street

Thanks

Love

Me XXX

1 comment: