Friday 18 March 2011

Fandoms and Forums

I am troubled at the moment, I feel very uncomfortable. There is a disturbance in the force. Factions of the Fandom are warring and i'm not entirely sure why - I think its a he said/ she said sort of thing.

This is the reason why I am no longer on forums - the written word gets misunderstood (easily done), Friendships are formed - jealously enevitably follows (along with bad spelling and grammar - my bad!), then there are cliches, quiches and secret societies, dummies are spat, bats and balls are taken home and then it all implodes.

Online or in real life you are drawn to some people and not others, tis a fact of life. I do try and be team Switzerland as much as possible (I also have many a spelk in my arse from sitting upon the fence) I hate tension and try and smooth it over as much as I can. I like to think I am a mediator, a calm voice, a peacemaker but in actual fact I am a control freak who spends equal amounts of time in RL and OL. I hate discord, it unsettles me,I have been know to dive in feet first with the oil for the troubled waters and the diplomatic comb for the ruffled feathers.

Twitter is a marvellously fascinating outlet for me, I indulge my inner fangirl with my love of Robert Pattinson, Peter Facinelli, Twilight, Water for Elephants etc etc etc. Its quite funny as you have the nonstens (Rob/Kristen not together) and the Robstens ( R/K are together). Peeps who like Rob but dont like Kristen and vice versa. Its all quite interesting to watch.

My biggest Twitter pet peeve at the moment is the *I found out that Sazzle74 has unfollowed me* shout outs. If I have unfollowed you there is a damn good reason for it, and it will be more than likely one of these.
  1. You have tweeted illegally taken pics of celebrities ie Rob and his family - give the boy ( and other celebs) respect and privacy.
  2. You are a buffoon - you have said something or several things I have found offensive ( I have a one strike/ benefit of the doubt rule about this)
  3. You are bullying someone - I. Hate.Bullies!
So there you have it, I am not a willy nilly unfollower. I have my reasons but don't do the unfollowed me shout out as it makes you look like a dick!! ( wonder how many how many followers I will lose because of this blog)

No comments: