Wednesday 30 March 2011

Last blog of the month

and its a whingy one

School - how chuffing expensive is it to send your kids to school? this month the tally is
  • £2.00 for a school lunch x 5
  • £1.00 for a school news paper
  • £1.00 for a raffle ticket
  • £1.00 for a wear it green mufti day x 2
  • £1.00 for the last day before easter mufti day x2
  • Sponsored read
  • and a school disco at some point (infants will take food - Juniors will take cash)
  • £8.40 for a school trip into town
I wish the school would just ask for a cash donation per child at the beginning of the school year and thats its  - all covered, giving you time to save up - not just springing it on you with very little notice.

I am not a scrooge - I give to charity when I have the money £5.00 of my hard earned dosh went to comic relief - the Chris Moyles marathon broadcast. I am doing the moonlight walk and the race for life. I love fundraising and helping charities. I just object to passsive agressive letters guilting my kids in to begging me for money - here endeth my rant!

1 comment:

Lady Wordsmith said...

Agreed! It all adds up, the buggers!